Wednesday 16 July 2014

Disruption (The Cambridge Files #1) by Steven Whibley.


Summary:
At fourteen, Matt Cambridge has executed so many pranks - the latest nearly destroying his school - that his parents are out of discipline options. So his father pulls a few questionable strings to get his son into Camp Friendship: A camp that promises to strengthen the moral compass of today's youth. With a name like Camp Friendship Matt imagines three punishing weeks of daisy chains and Kumbayas.

Within minutes of arriving at the camp, however, Matt's nearly killed--twice. It doesn't take long for him to realize there's more to this picture-perfect place than meets the eye. What sort of summer camp has programs in forging passports? Why do they have endless fight training, and weapons drills, and what is with the hidden rooms? Matt wonders if his parents realize they've enrolled him in what seems to be some kind of freakish, elite spy school.

What Matt doesn't yet know - and is soon to find out - is that Camp Friendship's ultimate purpose is far more sinister than he could possibly have imagined. With each dot he connects, he begins to understand that in the end he'll be left with two choices: pull the prank of a lifetime to escape this place...or die trying.

  So I received this book on my kindle for review and I have to say it was outstandingly brilliant.
  From the very first page I fell in love with Matt Cambridge, I loved his quick wit, yet, he was still a realistic character and showed his weaknesses and, like all the characters in this book, his character development was perfectly executed.
  This was a fantastic read and I found myself hooked from start to finish; the concept was brilliant and left me dying to know more at every page. It was also a quick read and I managed to fly through it, so those of a younger audience would also be able to enjoy it, although, I believe this is just one of those books that has no age boundary from the youngest teens and up.
  I was also impressed by the impeccable writing, it flowed beautifully and made me feel connected to the world of this book, which not many books really manage to do. And I can tell you now that no part of this novel was predictable, it took me down twists and turns that I could never have even begun to imagine.
  It was exciting, funny and even left me jaw-droppingly baffled at some points, but I loved it, through and through.
  This will definitely be a series I will be looking out for.

***** 5/5 stars *****
  

No comments:

Post a Comment