Wednesday 9 July 2014

City Of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare.

  
  Summary:

In this dazzling and long-awaited conclusion to the acclaimed Mortal Instruments series, Clary and her friends fight the greatest evil they have ever faced: Clary's own brother.

Sebastian Morgenstern is on the move, systematically turning Shadowhunter against Shadowhunter. Bearing the Infernal Cup, he transforms Shadowhunters into creatures out of nightmare, tearing apart families and lovers as the ranks of his Endarkened army swell.

The embattled Shadowhunters withdraw to Idris - but not even the famed demon towers of Alicante can keep Sebastian at bay. And with the Nephilim trapped in Idris, who will guard the world against demons?

When one of the greatest betrayals the Nephilim have ever known is revealed, Clary, Jace, Isabelle, Simon, and Alec must flee - even if their journey takes them deep into the demon realms, where no Shadowhunter has set foot before, and from which no human being has ever returned...

Love will be sacrificed and lives lost in the terrible battle for the fate of the word in the thrilling final installment of the classic urban fantasy series The Mortal Instruments!



  So, those of you who have been on tender hooks for the release of this novel will know that it's the final installment of The Mortal Instruments series and that world wide people are going crazy over it - tons and tons of new fans every day; it's even got it's own film version with my beloved Robert Sheehan...
  Anyway, onto the review!
  This book had the unfortunate timing of coming out slap bang in the middle of my exams, so, I have to admit that it was cast aside and abandoned for quite some time, I did start it but wasn't enjoying as much as I should have done and found it a struggle; through no fault of the book, just exams wearing on me.
  But, when my exams were over I sped through this massive 725 page book! I could hardly put it down, as per usual, Cassie blew me away with her magnificent writing skills and broke my heart more than once, I swear I almost had a heart attack near the end of this book!
  I love this world and, yes, I am sad to say goodbye to it, but it was a good clean ending without loose ends, but I must admit, I have got quite a book hangover from it!
  I just couldn't fault it, Cassie has a gift and I would reccomend this series to absolutely anyone who would listen. It will stay in my heart forever.

  *****5/5 stars*****


No comments:

Post a Comment