Saturday 25 October 2014

The Moment Collector by Jodi Lynn Anderson.


Summary:
"The yard of this house is a graveyard of moments and everything left behind is a clue. And I am here to dig."

There's a ghost haunting 208 Water Street. She doesn't know who she was, or why she's still here. She does know that she is drawn to Maggie, the new girl in town, and her friends - beautiful, carefree Pauline and Liam, the boy who loves her.

But the ghost isn't all that's lurking in Gill Creek... Someone is killing young girls all across the county. Can the ghost keep these three friends safe? Or does she have another purpose?

                                                     'IT'S DANGEROUS TO BE YOUNG.'

This.
Book.
Broke. 
Me.

  If you know me, you'll be aware that I'm rarely an emotional person, but oh my goodness, this book stuck a dagger in my heart and twisted. You have to prepare yourself for this one. It's a biter, I tell you.
  I've got to say though that there are a few mistakes here and there, but I also know from personal experience that they are clearly just typos and actually didn't affect my reading of the novel at all. Also, the beggining was a bit slow for me, but by the end I realised that it helped build the tension and, again, wasn't a major issue at all.
  The story line, although frustrating at times and makes me want to bash my head against the wall repeatedly in anger and despair, is actually brilliant and clever and I loved the unique point of view changes we get - switching from the protagonist, Maggie, to the mysterious ghost.
  I absolutely loved this book even though it made me cry. A lot. And I never cry. But yeah, just trying not to think about it. Deep breaths. 
  Jeez, this is gonna be a hard one to get over.
  Tragically beautiful.
 
***** 5/5 stars *****
  

No comments:

Post a Comment