Saturday 11 October 2014

Talented (#1) by Sophie Davis.



Summary:
Block it out. Impossible for Talia Lyons. When you’re a Mind Manipulator, it’s hard enough to block the thoughts of others, let alone your own.

Block it out. The pounding, siren-ready world Talia inhabits as she trains with her fellow Hunters, the country's top-secret covert operatives. The physical demands. The emotional toll.

Block it out. The secrets that Talia’s boyfriend is hiding. Talia’s unbidden feelings of frustration and annoyance toward her teammate, the Casanova of the compound. The wondering why she cares what he thinks.

Block him out. Ian Crane. The man behind the bloodshed marring Talia’s memories of her murdered parents. The man she’s determined to kill.

Block it all out. Focus.

Talented is an emotionally raw Dystopian Romance, about the life of a girl with extraordinary psychic powers, and what happens when a heart is torn between love and rage.

  For me, I felt that the beggining of this book was hard to read - I felt really disconnected from the characters and it suffered from description overkill - but, when it got more into the story and the plot solidified I began to quite enjoy it.
  Slowly, but surely, after that first period of awkwardness I felt, I started to create a connection with the protagonist - Talia - and some of the other characters also, such as Henri and Erick. I really did feel for her and this was when I really began to get into the book.
  That's when it gets exciting and we see how amazing the plot is! Invigorating and exhilarating I sped through the rest of the book in a few hours and it left me craving more. I grew to love some of the characters and hate others - and that ending...THAT ENDING! I just need the second book now.
  So although there were some issues with over description in the writing, the book was structurally sound and made for a really enjoyable read!
  I'll be waiting eagerly for the next installment of this series!

  ****4/5 stars****

No comments:

Post a Comment