Saturday 18 October 2014

The Maze Runner by James Dashner.


Summary:
When the lift cranks open, the only think Thomas remembers is his first name. But he's not alone - an army of boys welcomes him to the Glade, an encampment at the centre of a terrible maze. The Gladers have no idea why they're there, or what's happened to the world outside. And following the arrival of a girl with a message, they must find a way out - or die.

                                                   'DAY ONE GREENIE. RISE AND SHINE.'

  From the very first page I was hooked. And when I say hooked, I mean HOOKED. Many nights I shed a tear from sleep deprivation just for that one more chapter; one more page; one more sentence. This book turned me into a readaholic, and I loved every minute of it.
  I can officially say this screwed with my head more than once and I found myself trying to solve it all along with the characters. I wanted to know more; no, scratch that I NEEDED to know more. With beautiful torture this book withheld all the answers I was dying to know and though it made me rather frustrated, it also made me love it all the more.


  This is the definition of a clever book.
  The idea was amazing and followed through perfectly. It was written well and not once did I find myself bored or having to re-read paragraphs over again. The Maze Runner has climbed it's way up to my top 3 (within series) and I'm literally twitching because I've yet to buy the rest of the series.
  This has left me with a whopper of a bookhangover, I can tell you that.
  I think it's pretty obvious as to what the ratings going to be.

  ***** 5/5 stars *****



No comments:

Post a Comment