Thursday 26 February 2015

If I Stay by Gayle Forman.


Sometimes you make choices in your life and sometimes choices make you.

Summary:
Life can change in an instant.

A cold February morning...
A snowy road...
And suddenly all of Mia's choices are gone.

Except one.

As alone as she'll ever be, Mia must make the most difficult choice of all.

One of the most beautiful and heartbreaking stories I've ever read.
From the very first page this book wrapped me into its world and wouldn't let me leave until it was over, despite the emotions, the pain, the tears. I read this book from beggining to end in what felt like mere seconds and yet I savoured every minute of it.
I connected with all of the characters from the first words they said and my lord, did it kill me. It's such a sad story, yet it's still beautiful and shows how you should never give up, that there's always going to be someone out there to help you, to care about you.
This is honestly one of the best books I've read in a long, long time and I can't believe it's taking me so long to read it. Since The Fault in our Stars I decided that I would begin to branch out and read genres that I usually wouldn't, and I've gone on to read historical fiction, romance, horror and, of course, have fallen in love with contemporary. 
Each tale is so realistic that it no longer feels like a story, it feels like it's real life, as if it's happening right in front of you and I feel that this book is a perfect representation of that.
I could write pages and pages about how good this book is, but all I really need to say is read it. You'll feel what I felt when I read this and you'll just know.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment