Sunday 22 February 2015

Charming by Krystal Wade.


They say what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, and that's great . . . as long as you don't die. 

Summary:

Sixteen-year-old Haley Tremaine had it all: top-notch school, fantastic family, and a bright future, but all of that changed when an accident tore her family apart. Now, an alcoholic father, a bitter younger sister, and a cold headstone bearing her mother’s name are all she has left.

Chris Charming has it all: a powerful CEO for a father, a prestigious school, and a fortune at his fingertips, but none of that matters when he lands a reputation as a troublemaker. Struggling to follow in his father’s footsteps, he reaches out to the one person he believes truly sees him, the one person he wants: Haley.

Little do they know someone's determined to bring the two together, even if it means murder.

So, as you've probably noticed from the lack of reviews lately, I've been in a slight reading slump. Which really, really sucked. It was really a result of lack of time due to college and the fact that I just couldn't get into the stories I read.
But Charming, well, Charming brought me out of that slump and now all I want to do is read and read and read until I can read no more.
This book is a really emotional book, from the very beggining it makes you feel. And cry...just a little...okay a lot. I could never imagine having to go through the things the main character, Haley, has to go through and it honestly pains me to see such a strong, kind girl who deserves the very best of life to have to suffer through things that no living thing on this earth should ever have to go through. It really does make you wonder about your own life and really made, me at least, thankful for the life I've been given. These are real problems that are out there and it really breaks my heart that this horror is actually someone's reality. And that's what makes you connect with the book on a personal level. It's all real, even though it's not. It feels real, the characters are perfectly constructed and deeply developed. What I guess I'm trying to say is that this books character development is a masterpiece.
I just cannot fault Charming. I was craving a horror and a horror I did get and I sped through this book until I reached the very end, which, I'd just like to add, was absolutely perfect. I fell in love with all the characters...well, except for a couple, but that's a given! Antagonists are just not made to be liked!
Overall I'd just like to say I absolutely loved this book, this masterpiece, this brilliant piece of writing. And can we have a moment to praise Chris freaking Charming. Yes please.

A definite five out of five stars.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️


No comments:

Post a Comment